Friday, January 11, 2013

A day late, but that's okay with me



"June 8, 1995:  Rainy and cloudy all day.
June 9, 1995:  Ray & Aileen here in p.m.  Went back to Norfolk for supper and to a motel.  Verna (Louie's) B. on Thursday had a stroke -- was taken to Omaha.
June 10, 1995:  Tom, Bill, Nancy and Mitch came about 11:00.  Went to Legion Hall at noon for Brogren reunion.  Haroldean and son Gene stopped here about 10:00.  Haroldean hadn't been here for years and wanted to see if it had changed much.  Had a good turnout.  The Lincoln folks went back in evening."

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the reunion where Mitch got all muddy and embarrassed?  I believe it was.  Of all the ones for me to miss, right?

I wanted to add this photo and clipping that relate more to yesterday's post than today's, since I couldn't pass on the Hagar cartoon yesterday.  Plus, today we have a mention of Uncle Ray, so the photo is appropriate in that way.  Happy, happy all around.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is the one you missed. He was so cute and I was afraid he would cry because so many people were looking at him and laughing, but he didn't.
    Just love the way they used to write about weddings. They got very flowery in the descriptions didn't they? Did the same with other articles in the paper about parties, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading old clippings, too, and for that very reason.

    I was wondering (17+ years later) why I didn't get to go to that reunion when Anna wasn't born until July. Then I remembered she was born two weeks late. How that momentarily slipped my mind, I have NO idea!

    ReplyDelete