Friday, July 14, 2017

School's out!


Wed., May 15, 1935 - The three sixth grade boys cleaned the basement today and did an excellent job.  Robert took Co. exams. The rest worked on fair work.
Thurs., May 16, 1935 - Finished fair work today.  The sixth grade helped the 3rd and 4th grade make letters.
Fri., May 17, 1935 - Warmed up in p.m.  Cloudy all this week.  Checked in books.  Dismissed before noon.  Marjorie, Jean, and Verdelle Mae stayed until 1:30 to help me!  Went to Card Club at Walkers.  Howard didn't go, he was plowing late.

Oh, the last day of school.  Knowing you would wake up in the morning with a whole summer ahead.  It didn't matter if you had to get up early now and then for this and that, it was SUMMER!  The country kids thought I was nuts, but I always told them how much I liked riding on the bus whenever I stayed overnight at their places.  I was especially jealous to learn there were water fights on the way home after the last day of school.

I am not sure when the above photo was taken, but it certainly looks like Grandma with some students, likely her students.

No comments:

Post a Comment