Monday, July 24, 2017

A fine how-do-you-do


Sat., June 8, 1935 - Played lazy again today.  Howard came up tonite after I was in bed.  I got up and we went out to Walkers to see the government survey tower.
Sun., June 9, 1935 - Went to Piller's Lake southwest of Stanton for a picnic dinner.  I didn't know about it until this a.m. when Howard came here.  Frances Nielsen and Hank Koch got it up.  I guess the Iversens and I weren't supposed to be invited but Kenneth Wagner asked us anyway.  Wagners, Davis', Fannie [?], Hank, Iversens and I went.  We girls wandered around picking flowers in the p.m. while the boys played cards.  I had supper at Iversens.  After supper Howard brought me home in the Model T [I think - MJS].
Mon., June 10, 1935 - We washed today.  I worked on my quilt this afternoon.

Well!  It is unlike Grandma to get even slightly snarky in her posts, but she doesn't tip-toe around the picnic invitation.  Yay for Kenneth Wagner for inviting the fun people to the event.  I remember him as a member of The Good Guy Team.

And is Piller's Lake possibly Pillar Lake?  I could find the latter when I searched, but not the former.  But then again, it may have been a lake on private property.

No comments:

Post a Comment