Thursday, July 13, 2017

I can't let High Five go


Sun., May 12, 1935 - Mother's Day.  Ray came home about 1:30.  After dinner he took Mom, Grandma and me up to Stahl's.  Home about 8:00.  Howard took me to Goodlings.
Mon., May 13, 1935 - Windy and chilly.  Earl was sick this p.m.  Rained tonite.  Bess and Dorothea were going to have a party tonite.  I was going with Irene and Helen.  Rained too much to go.
Tues., May 14, 1935 - Cloudy all day.  Earl absent.  Howard and Herbert finished their booklet.

I looked up the rules to High Five, also known as Cinch and it sounds like fun.  It's a trick-taking game with the 5 of the trump suit and the 5 of the same color having the highest value.  Winning bidder picks the trump suit.  If trump is led, you have to play trump if you can.  But if any other suit is played, you can follow suit if you want, but do not have to and can play any suit you wish.  Also, it's possible for the winning bidder's team to make their bid, but still not get the most points from the round.  There are fairly high penalties for not making your bid.

Maybe we should try it out sometime at a family gathering.  I'll put the rules in my purse right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment