Tuesday, July 11, 2017

An invitation


Mon., May 6, 1935 - None of 8th grade to school today.  I don't suppose they'll come any more.  Warm and sunshiny.  Wrote some chain letters after school.  Gave quarterly tests all day.
Tues., May 7, 1935 - Nice day.  Finished chain letters tonite.  Got an invitation to party from Gladys R. for tonite.  Went to party with Helen and Irene.  Played High Five.  Leffler got prize.  Had good time.
Wed., May 8, 1935 - Rained a little this morning.  Clear and dry by afternoon.  Went to bed early.

I imagine Gladys R. is Gladys Reichert.  I wish I had known her as something other than a teacher . . . or have I mentioned that before?  I recall being a bit intimidated by her, but always felt she was a good teacher.

Wholly unrelated, but on May 8, 1935 while Grandma was recovering from High Five the night before, Amelia Earhart flew nonstop from Mexico City to Newark, New Jersey in a record 14 hours, 22 minutes and 50 seconds, the first pilot to fly that route without stopping along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment