Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Some new names


January 23, 1932 - I read all of the new magazines.  Also washed up my clothes and cleaned the house.  Mother and I went down town this evening.  We saw Peggy.  She's been in one cast or another since a year ago last November.  She has to keep this one on about three months and then she'll be out for good.
January 24, 1932 - Mother and I went to church this morning.  This afternoon Ray came in and we went out to Annie's.  Verne F., Martha, Edwin and Florence came out there.  We had ice cream.  We went sled riding tonite in the east part of town.  R.K. and Ervin came in, too.  Ray brought me back to Walker's tonite.
January 25, 1932 - Today has been a real nice day.  The school house was pretty cold this morning.  Aywaldt Walker's were here this evening.  I went to bed about 9 o'clock.  Too much exercise last nite made me tired.  Evie is at Meierhenry's doing some sewing.

I do not think I know who Peggy is, nor Aywaldt Walker.  I think I have that the way Grandma wrote it.  Her handwriting is good, but some letters can sometimes throw me for a bit of a loop.

For not particular reason, here are Grandma and Uncle Ray the day of their confirmation.


2 comments:

  1. Peggy would be Peggy Francis. Her parents were Grover and Roxie Francis. At sometime Grandma worked for them in their cafe. When I was in high school Grover worked for the town - he might even have been the law enfrocement officer, but I remember him sweeping the streets, etc. I vaguey remember Roxie, but I think she passed away before we moved to town. Peggy had some kind of hip problem as a child and had to wear a cast as Mom mentioned to fix it. As an adult she still had a limp, but was a really nice person. I don't know where she lived as an adult, but saw her when she came to Winside to see her father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mom saying this was her favorite picture of her and Uncle Ray because she is taller than Uncle Ray for a change.

    ReplyDelete