Monday, March 31, 2014

Well, that didn't last very long


January 20, 1932 - The fire was started this morning when I got to school!  Finished giving examinations today.  This evening I corrected papers and wrote letters.  My arms are so sore today.
January 21, 1932 - The fire was started again this morning!  My arms are still sore.  I made out report cards this evening.
January 22, 1932 - I started my own fire this morning.  We (M.H., L.V., A.B.) went rollerskating at Norfolk tonite.  I had to stop at Bernice's and change my dress.  We stopped in at the Club Dance at Hoskins.  Ervin R. is up here.  Alex is going to Scribner Sunday to his Uncle's funeral.  He's going to stay there a couple of weeks and work for his brother.

Two "free" fires and then W.M. forgot, apparently.  He isn't trying very hard to score any points.

For no real reason at all, here's a photo of the house taken in 1925.  Looking good . . .

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone know who all these people are? I can spot Mom and Grandma but after that I'm lost. Also it looks like Mom is wearing some kind of pants. Looks very fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know the obvious ones; Grandma Anna, Grussfather and Grussmother and Grandma. Is Uncle Ray in there? I can't spot him; maybe he took the picture.

    ReplyDelete