Sunday, March 2, 2014

A hat


December 12, 1931 - Mother and Ray got here about 10 o'clock.  We went to Norfolk.  I got a new dress and hat.  We also did our Christmas shopping today.  And it was a real job.
December 13, 1931 - Ray took me out to Alice's this afternoon and she fingerwaved my hair for me.  We stayed there for supper.  I brought my box with me.  I got home before Walker's did.
December 14, 1931 - We practiced tonite.  We put up the curtains.  The Walker girls brought up some fudge.  We worked on our programs at school.

Grandma didn't like hats much after a time.  I do remember her saying (and I've mentioned it here before) that she said she didn't like looking at herself in the mirror long enough to pick one out.  So, I really enjoy photos of Grandma in a hat.

So, why this photo?  Well, in my mind's eye Grandma was wearing a hat in it.  Which she obviously isn't.  In the interests of full disclosure, I had tagged this as possibly an Easter photo.  Now that I look at my dress, it is more likely Norris's wedding day.  Or maybe I wore that dress more than once.  I dunno.  So, no hat and no idea when the photo was really taken.  Egads.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if it was Mothers Day since Mom and Grandma have corsages? Anyway it is a nice picture and you look so cute in that dress and gloves not less.

    ReplyDelete