Saturday, March 1, 2014

Grussfoddy!


December 9, 1931 - We started making our programs today.  This evening we just sat and talked.
December 10, 1931 - Foggy all day today.  I got a ride to school with Bob Nurnberg and home with Mr. Walker.  Mr. Jonson was at school a few minutes this afternoon.  We practiced again this evening.  How those kids delight in teasing me and about the craziest things.
December 11, 1931 - Today is my Grussfoddy's birthday.  We had a walk to practice tonite.  Willard took us home and all the faster he went was 10 miles per hour.  And did we have fun.

Others older than me remember hearing Grandma refer to her Grandfather Ola as Grussfoddy.  I do not.  I recall Grussfather, but not Grussfoddy but I love it.  I also love that Grandma's students liked to tease her.  Giggles all around, I imagine.

I have noticed that Grussfather and Grussmother do not come up much in Grandma's diaries.  I would think she visited them more than she mentions.  Maybe it was commonplace enough that she didn't include those visits much.  Somewhat like me not always putting down weekly lunches at Mom's.  Which, by the way I must say, was an excellent idea.  So nice that Mom enjoys feeding several of us every week and also that several of us are available to go.  Fun times, good food, laughs . . . you name it.

1 comment:

  1. Since they lived with Grussfather and Grussmother they wouldn't be visiting.
    Apparently Grussfather and Grussmother didn't go places with them. I don't think she was in very good health.

    ReplyDelete