Saturday, March 8, 2014

Normal goings on


December 18, 1931 - We cleaned up the school house today.  I gave the kids their report cards and sent them home at 1:30.  Bud and I went with Ray to Mayme's box social.  Bud went home with the Maas boys.  Willard got my box.  After the box social I went with Alex, Lloyd, Mayme and Bernice to the club dance at Hoskins.  We had a good time.
December 19, 1931 - As usual I had to wash my clothes today.  Mother and I went down town today and mailed some Christmas packages.  We got a package from Aunt Mildred.  I bought the Xmas candy for school and filled the boxes this evening.  Ola and Annie went to Wayne tonite and we went along.  The stores look so pretty all dressed up for Christmas.
December 20, 1931 - We went to church this morning.  This afternoon to Wayne to Aunt Mary's.  We listened to our choir sing numbers from their cantata over W.J.A.G.  Meta, Lyle and Dora were at our place for supper this evening.  Mayme, Lloyd, Alex and I didn't get to go to the show.  Lloyd burned out a connecting rod on his car and they didn't get here until 8:00.  We went to the free dance at Hoskins.  We left at intermission.  I had a pretty good time.

These are three rather nice days, I would say.  Quite a bit going on and all fun.  Well, except for the connecting rod.

I found a couple of photos of these little candy boxes from the 1930's.  I wonder if that was what Grandma had for her students.  Pretty cute idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment