Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Oh, dear


January 17, 1932 - Mildred and I made ice cream this morning.  This afternoon all of us went to Mrs. Walker's mother's in the sled.  This evening we went up to Maas'.  Mr. and Mrs. Walker didn't go.  We played cards and had a good time.
January 18, 1932 - I felt so tired today and it seemed as if the kids were so dumb.  They asked the largest number of foolish questions that I've ever heard.  I washed my hair this evening and Evelyn finger-waved it for me. I copied examination questions also.
January 19, 1932 - It was quite warm today.  The examinations turned out pretty good.  Went sleigh-riding this evening on the north side of the schoolhouse hill.  We had lots of fun.  There were Raymond, Gilbert and Hazel J., Bob and Charlotte N., Willard M., Harry H., the Walkers and myself.  I told W.M. to start the fire for me in the morning.  I wonder if he will.

I think Grandma must still have been tired.  I don't ever recall her talking about students this way.  But then, she was young and just starting out, learning, too.  Having been around bunches of kids, however, I can certainly commiserate with her!

I am guessing W.M. is Willard Maas.

I haven't posted this snow photo in a while.  It is still one of my favorites of Michele and me.  Probably because of my wild hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment