Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cold and shoveling and skating


January 14, 1932 - It has snowed all day.  The wind hasn't blown but if it does I won't be going any place tomorrow nite.  I got a ride home from school with Bob N.  Walkers butchered yesterday and made "wurst" tonite.
January 15, 1932 - Ronald missed school today.  I don't know why.  Mike came home from school today.  This morning it was 18 degrees below zero.  Lloyd, Mayme, Alex and I went roller skating at King's Park tonite.  We had a good time.  Lloyd, Alex and Mayme fell down.
January 16, 1932 - Snowed all day today.  I washed my clothes.  We decided this afternoon that Ray had better take me back to Walker's today.  It might drift before tomorrow.  Ray had to shovel up two hills from Hoskins to Walkers.  It took over an hour to get from Hoskins to Walkers.  I went to bed at 9:00.

Shoot!  We had some cold days this winter, but I don't recall 18 below zero.  Also, I have never had to shovel on the road to get from Point A to Point B.  Wow!  The things we take for granted!

I had to chuckle . . . Grandma didn't say she was the only one that didn't fall down rollerskating, but instead she just listed the ones that did.


No comments:

Post a Comment