Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Marvel Faye


February 10, 1932 - Thawed some more today.  Walkers brought the phonograph up to school.  Mike, Mrs. W., the girls and I went to Prayer Meeting tonite in the Ford.  We girls sat in back on prune boxes and held on tight.  Got a letter from Mom.  Aunt Midge's baby girl born on my birthday.  Died right away.  Buried in Carroll Friday.  Named Marvel Faye.
February 11, 1932 - Thawed again today.  Tonite we girls manicured our fingernails.  I washed my hair and Evelyn fingerwaved it.  All in preparation for the grand party tomorrow nite.  Fixed the valentine box tonite.
February 12, 1932 - We had our valentines in school.  I got some real pretty valentines.  I went to the party at Maas' tonite with Arnold.  We played Bunco.  I just about got bobby prize.  Got home at 2 o'clock.

I don't know that I have ever heard about Marvel Faye, but I figured she should have top billing over Valentine's Day parties and riding on prune boxes, even though the prune boxes sounded interesting, albeit uncomfortable.  And my poor brain -- is Aunt Midge Aunt Mildred, Uncle Chris's wife?  I did a findagrave search to see if there was a photo of her gravestone, but I came up empty.


2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure Aunt Midge would be Aunt Mildred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made enough faux pas with some of this family stuff that I like to check.

    ReplyDelete