Thursday, April 17, 2014

Touring


February 4, 1932 - It is quite a bit warmer today.  I went home with Ronald tonite.  Mr. Jonson came after us in the sled.  We played Pinochle and 500 Rummy tonite.
February 5, 1932 - Real warm today.  Mr. Jonson took us to school in the sled.  Ray came home today and stopped at the schoolhouse a few minutes.  Fritz and Willard didn't have their party tonite.  We played Rook and Touring.  Talked quite late after we were in bed.  Got silk pajamas in mail from Mom for birthday.
February 6, 1932 - Walkers washed today and washed some of my clothes for me.  I went to Norfolk with Charlie Jochens.  Got my check in Hoskins first.  I saw Mayme and had a good chat with her, got some new shoes and dresses.  Studied Sunday School lesson tonite, took a bath, and went to bed.

The short article I read about Touring was interesting in that as the real-life lengths of trips in cars lengthened, subsequent versions of the game reflected more miles in the playing cards.

Please forgive my brevity.  I wanted to get back on track with posting after my weeks of fun with root canal problems, so I am just getting this one out of the gate, so to speak, and hope to be more verbose in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment