Friday, April 4, 2014

In the schoolhouse?


January 26, 1932 - It was snowing this morning, but quit before noon.  Tonite we went sleigh-riding.  Mildred, Harry, Willard, Charlotte, Marie, Bob, Hazel, Gilbert, Raymond and Lloyd Johnson.  Bob and Lloyd went to town and got weiners, bread and apples.  We had a weiner roast in the schoolhouse.  Bud and Mike weren't feeling good and stayed home.
January 27, 1932 - Mike, Mildred and Mrs. Walker went to choir practice tonite.  I wrote letters to Mother, Mayme, Florence F., Florence S. and Jane.  Frieda Bossard called up tonite and said she wasn't taking her school back next year.
January 28, 1932 - We're supposed to have more snow tonite and it acts as if we'll get it.  Evie came home today.  I ordered the Fullerton records tonite.

I guess it was okay or Grandma: 1) wouldn't have done it, and 2) wouldn't have written about it, but I am surprised that they were in the schoolhouse during non-school hours.  Perhaps they weren't very uptight about that back in 1932.

I find it sweet that Grandma wrote letters to Grandma Anna when she saw her pretty much every weekend.

The painting here isn't showing a winter scene, but I thought it was rather cheery.


3 comments:

  1. What are the Fullerton records?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about that, too. I was hoping Mom might know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - I don't know what the Fullerton records would be.

    ReplyDelete