Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Angel food cake!


February 19, 1932 - The fire wasn't started this morning.  Thawed some more today. Mote and I played 2 games of "Over the Top" tonite, but I lost both times.
February 20, 1932 - Washed stockings this morning.  Baked my first Angel Food Cake today and it was good.  Mote and I tried to make a Yellow Angel Food but it wasn't so good.  Quilted this afternoon and took a bath this evening.
February 21, 1932 - To church and Sunday School this morning.  Bob and Willard came over this afternoon and want to give a play.  They appointed me "boss" and said we girls should pick out a good play.  We sent for copies of two.  To church this evening.  Mailed letters to Jane and Aunt Mildred.

I do not recall Grandma ever not making a great angel food cake.  I am not sure what a yellow angel food cake is, though.

I grabbed this pic from some old negatives we found in Grandma's stuff.  I am thinking the baby is Mom, but if that's Grandpa holding her, he looks pretty thin compared to other photos of him when he was young.  Can someone set me straight on this one?  Thanks!!  Actually, maybe that isn't Mom . . . I can't tell, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment