Monday, April 21, 2014

Another suitor?


February 7, 1932 - Went to Sunday School and church.  Lydia Wittler came home with us.  We took pictures this afternoon and played Rook.  Went to church tonite.  I came home with Arnold Wittler.
February 8, 1932 - The schoolhouse was pretty cold today.  I got my records today and tried them out this evening.  We played games that we are going to play tomorrow nite.
February 9, 1932 - Thawed today.  League meeting here tonite.  Dorothy J. came over and is going to stay all nite.  Willard is having his party this Friday nite and I'm going with Arnold Wittler.  Took records to school today.

That's two mentions of Arnold within three days.  Oh, well.  We know how this story goes, so it isn't a big thing.

Since the other photo of Grandma was one not familiar to at least two of my dear readers, here is another photo of young Ms. Andersen.  I am wanting to make sure you see all the ones that I have available.  I have seen that expression on her face more than once!


4 comments:

  1. That must be my Aunt Caroline ( Carrie) (Hansen) Risser, on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture must have been taken in front of the old high school. Do you suppose she was still in high school then? Maybe a Senior? I must say that Carrie Hansen was very pretty. Wonder if Mom was squinting at the sun or what. I also saw that same expression more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am sure that is the old school, with the neat slide down fire escapes. My Aunt Sis and Mrs I were great friends. Aunt Sis would stay in town during the week and attend HS. She would walk home on the weekend. Sometimes she could sweet talk the public bus driver who would drop her off two miles south of our place and she would walk the rest of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Carrie is very striking. Mustn't have been too difficult to sweet talk the bus driver! :-)

    ReplyDelete