Wednesday, April 30, 2014

No way!



February 22, 1932 - Sunshiny at times today and cloudy at other times.  Put up the flag for G.W.'s birthday.  We played baseball this noon.  Went to bed early tonite.  Wrote to Bernice May.  Ronald asked me over to dinner for next Sunday!  Ready to go to bed and Herbert Neitzke's came over and Evie and I had to dress and go down to visit.
February 23, 1932 - Foggy today.  We played ball this noon.  Evie made some divinity tonite but it didn't get hard.  Bud and I were picking at each other all evening.  I've been thinking about when we went to Des Moines four years ago last summer.  I wonder where Richard Snyder is now.
February 24, 1932 - Clear and thawed today.  Played ball this noon.  I washed my hair tonite and Evie gave me a fingerwave.  Mote inked and hektographed some material for me.  Dorothy J. is planning on having her party tomorrow nite.  I wonder if A.W. will be able to get here or not.

Surely the flag was put out every school day, not just on special days.  Or maybe Grandma meant they put the flag up at the Walkers.  Hmmmm.

I can see Grandpa's boot scraper there in the photo.  Boy, I could sure use that nowadays with all the rain we've had at the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment