Saturday, October 5, 2013

Who is Grubby?


March 26, 1931 - Nature Study test today.  It started raining this morning and turned into snow tonite. It acted like a regular blizzard.  Stayed up until 12 o'clock tonite working on my Nature Study notebook.
March 27, 1931 - Woke up at 6 o'clock this morning and worked on my notebook in bed.  I called Mom up this afternoon and told her I couldn't come home because the folks are going away tomorrow.  Aunt Mildred asked Grubby and Pete over this evening.  Pete and I played against Grubby and A. Mildred.  We played 500 and lost 5 games out of seven.  Had lunch when Uncle Chris came home.  Ray's car is on the blink.  "A valve head blew off and poked a hole in the piston."  That's what they said happened, can't prove it by me!!!!
March 28, 1931 - We got up late this morning.  I helped Aunt Mildred clean up the house.  They left this afternoon for Louisville at about 5 o'clock.  I made candy this evening and Mrs. Smith and I played cards.  Ralph called up about 8 o'clock and said he, Florence and Edwin would be over this evening.  They came and we played pinochle rummy.  Florence and I played against the boys.  Gee we had lots of fun.  Florence said if Martha came to see her tomorrow they might come over.  I hope they do.

Does anyone know who Grubby and Pete are?  Sounds like a good name for a play or a comedy duo or a cartoon or something.

I missed posting last night as I stayed in Lincoln late to go hear Dane and his group sing downtown.  A very nice performance.  Dane's fan club included Mom, Dale, Lynn, Kyleah, Allison and myself.  Nancy and Wayne couldn't find a parking space and were not there.  Kyleah was late and missed the entire performance so Dane asked his friends to sing one more song.  They went outside since another group was going to be performing inside where they had been.  The one song was such a hit, they decided to do another.  Great fun.  Grandma would have enjoyed it to be sure.

Kyleah was much happier after that special performance than she looks in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Mom talking about a Neal Grubb. I think he married a friend of hers - Marjorie Misfeldt. I think he was a teacher so that kind of fits.
    On a different note I love this picture of Kyleah and Mitch. Talk about a difference in moods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, too. Nancy said Kyleah was plenty happy enough in other pics taken that day, but she sure wasn't pleased at this particular instant.

    ReplyDelete