Monday, October 28, 2013

All settled


April 22, 1931 - Came back to Wayne this morning.  Don Cunningham spoke to us in chapel this morning.  Aunt Mildred went down to Dennis' tonite to wash woodwork.  I went to Aunt Mary's and asked her about staying there.  She said it was all right.  I took some cutwork lessons from Mrs. Smith this afternoon.
April 23, 1931 - Mrs. Smith went to Carroll this afternoon.  Mrs. Yaryan and Wayne Evans came after her.  Mrs. Alvin Anderson left her little baby boy with Aunt Mildred while she did some shopping.  I got to see the twins.  They're about 2 1/2 years old and are the most adorable little girls.  The family went to a card party tonite.
April 24, 1931 - It seems funny without Mrs. Smith here.  The house looks funny, curtains and shades are down.  Aunt Mildred took looney over to Martichang's this afternoon.  I went with Aunt Mildred to wax floors in the new home this evening.

I swear it says "looney", lower case, so likely not a nickname for someone.  I thought maybe it was supposed to say 'honey', but I looked and looked and I still get looney.  Maybe it's a subliminal remark about myself.

Aunt Mary?  So Mrs. Smith was a boarder like Grandma and had to leave since Uncle Chris and Aunt Mildred moved?  I am learning that I don't know much about Grandma's college days, that's for sure.  Nice to know her living arrangements were settled rather quickly.

I do not recall when I last featured Bumps in a photo, but here he is in his little dog, one foot in the air glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment