Monday, October 21, 2013

Well, I'm confused


 

April 13, 1931 - Annie took me to see the board members of District 63.  Margaret Miller is very low.  Went to Grandma Petersen's funeral this afternoon.  There was a large crowd.  Uncle Nels, Andrew, his wife, and Jim Anderson, and Alvina Nelsen (Howard's mother) were here from Washington for the funeral.  Came back to Wayne with Uncle Chris.  Aunt Mildred is working at Jones Book Store during their closing out sale.  I went to bed early!
April 14, 1931 - We took a field trip in Nature Study.  I went up to Tillie's room for a little over an hour.  I talked to Jane a few minutes this afternoon in the Ad Building.  Dennis', McNutt's and Petersen's were up here this evening and played cards with Uncle Chris and Aunt Mildred.  I went to bed early.  Wrote letters tonite asking Uncle Hans', Aunt Emma's, Dora and Marie to come Sunday for Momma's birthday.
April 15, 1931 - Dr. Conn spoke in chapel this morning concerning his trip to California.  I went down town this afternoon and bought some things at Jones Book Store.  I went down to Aunt Mary's tonite.  Uncle Pete is going away tomorrow (goes to Winside, leaves there Friday for Hot Spring).  I got home at 12 o'clock. Aunt Mildred had to work tonite.  I sent the order for Mom's bedspread today.

Here is my confusion; who is Andrew, and should Jim Anderson be Jim Andersen, and who is Howard?  I am guessing they are all Andersen/Petersen people since it was Grandma (Kiersten) Petersen's funeral.  I found am Elsie Alvena "Alvina" Petersen that married and then divorced a Christensen who was Kiersten's daughter.  But she didn't have a Howard for a son, nor does it appear she married a Nelsen.  Nels Petersen was Kiersten's brother and he had a son named Andrew.  Oh, and Nels had a daughter Elvina that married a Nelsen.  Tada!  It pays to look before one types, but then I lose my train of thought.  Well, but I don't see that Alvina had a son named Howard.  I am back to confused.

And who are the Dennis's and the McNutts?  Who is Margaret Miller?

On a totally different note, I found out today that Hugo Boock's nickname was "Hook".  Makes sense -- H. Boock, say it fast, equals Hook.

Above is Kiersten's obit (sorry it is difficult to read, the scan was all I had) and a photo of her in her later years; perhaps as Grandma would have remembered her.  The littles in the photo are some of her grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment