Friday, October 25, 2013

Good thing it was a fun birthday


April 19, 1931 - I ironed my dresses this morning.  It rained this afternoon.  Marie and Clifford, R.K., Dora and George and Uncle Hans were here this afternoon and for supper.  Us kids went out to the farm after F.S.  Ola and Annie, Mr. and Mrs. Schellenberg and Dora and George were here this evening.  Mother was real glad when she found out I'd invited them all her for her birthday.  Us kids had planned to go up and see Bernice Ordway a little while this afternoon, but the rain stopped us.
April 20, 1931 - I came back on the train this morning and had to miss Nature Study.  Aunt Mildred told me they're moving the last of this week.  They're taking a 3-roomed apartment at John Dennis'.  I'll have to find another place to sleep, I guess it'll be with Aunt Mary Riese.
April 21, 1931 - Cold again today.  I went home on the train this evening to talk things over with Mom.  I talked to Loretta and Florence a real long time.  Ray was working on a thesis of some kind for Economics.  I got my Algebra and then went to bed.  Martha was operated on today and is getting along alright.  Hans fell off a mule and tore the ligaments loose in his arm.

Forgive my saying so, but telling a young student on Monday that she won't have a place to stay come Friday seems a bit, well, rude.  Maybe the new place just fell in their laps and they had to move quickly, but with limited information it seems wrong.  Obviously, Grandma recovered at some point; my guess is fairly quickly.

And then we have a report of some surgery and torn ligaments caused by a mule.  I hope I have something more uplifting to report in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why she is referring to Grandma Anna as "Mother" If I remember correctly usually it was "Momma"

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems to change it up somewhat, doesn't she. Kinda odd.

    ReplyDelete