Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's genetic


April 7, 1931 - Real warm today.  We had a field trip in Nature Study.  Walked down town with Jane and Florence J. this afternoon.  Mailed a letter to Loretta, too.  Saw Miriam Bracken and Tillie and walked around with them until 5:30.  I was tired after that long walk.  Wrote a long letter to Mayme tonite.  Aunt Mildred had her hair cut today.  Tillie said today that Ella and Herman Willers are going to give a chivari dance in Pilger Friday nite.  I hope I get to go.
April 8, 1931 - Miss Schemel spoke in chapel this morning about the University of Paris and student life there.  We had a terrible dust storm today.  Aunt Mildred went to Sioux City with Mrs. Gifford.  Tillie and I went to Lutheran Club tonite.  Rev. Olson of Wausau spoke concerning Mormonism.
April 9, 1931 - Talked to Jane and the girls in Ad. Hall tonite.  Stamped the pillowcase tonite to embroider.  I am making my first attempt at cutwork.  I finished the buffet scarf of Mother's that I started about four years ago.  Aunt Mildred and Uncle Chris went to Forrest and Hattie's for a card party this evening.

Allllllright!!!  It is genetic that I start projects and do not finish them for, well, yes, years.  I am soooo glad to know this. 

I found a number of photos that looked to be of Grandma and her college friends, but it is hard to be sure.  This one had names on the back, but I learned from looking at some of the other photos that the names were not necessarily those of the people in the photos, but instead those that wanted or were going to be gifted prints.  This is because there would be more names than people in photos, for instance.  So, this photo may or may not have Mayme, Edna, Tillie and Carrie in it.  One thing I do know for sure is that there are some serious finger-waves going on.  What did Grandma call her hair a few posts back? -- grand and glorious?  I think the photo bears that out.



1 comment:

  1. The young lady to the right, looks like my Aunt Caroline, went by Carrie. I know she was a friend of Mrs I. My guess is this is from the old Winside High School. JIm H

    ReplyDelete