Friday, May 13, 2016

Wallpaper and happy wedding day!


Sat., March 25, 1933 - Mother helped me with my washing this morning.  We left for Norfolk about 11:00.  I got a new dress, jacket, and slippers.  We got wallpaper for the bedrooms upstairs over home.  Also had to buy a new set of chains.  Home about 6:30.  Mom and I worked one of the 2 new jig-saws we got today.
Sun., March 26, 1933 - Up at 6:30.  Left for Hoskins at 8:00.  I went to S.S. and church with the folks.  We got stuck coming up Behmer's hill on our way home and then had to walk the rest of the way.  Our slippers were muddy.  This p.m. Mote and I wandered around.  We threw mud in the water by the bridge, and such foolish things.
Mon., March 27, 1933 - Warm like spring.  I read Crusaders this evening.  We listened to the radio.  Mote put the new puzzle I brought together.  It took her 2-1/2 hours.  Of course I stayed up with her to see the finished product.

I think I remember hearing that Grandma Anna was a darned good wallpaperer and that she helped quite a few other people with their papering needs.  I might be wrong on that, but that's what I'm remembering.  If I am right, perhaps Tom got his mad papering skills from her.

I don't know what paper Grandma and Grandma picked out back in 1933 but I've included a pattern from the era for my photo.

I must break away from 1933 and say happy wedding day to Nancy and Wayne.  I've opted to not post a photo of them today, as I would rather wait for up-to-date wedded bliss photos from the big event later this evening.  I delight in wishing them the absolute best of all the future holds.  I know Grandma and Grandpa would be tickled pink.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary, you make me tear up. Thank you for the warm words. I know Mom and Daddy are smiling down on us.

    ReplyDelete