Thursday, May 12, 2016

He's still Howard Iversen, not just Howard



Wed., March 22, 1933 - Ronald back in school.  I walked over to Behmers and got my order.  Evie has her embroidered quilt on the frame.  I read a few minutes this evening. Mike, Evie, and I did some "limbering up" exercises just before we retired.  A lot of fun.
Thurs., March 23, 1933 - Warm and thawing.  Mrs. F. Jochens, Hazel, Mrs. Frank Maas, and Mrs. Bill Maas were here today quilting on Evie's embroidered quilt.  Hazel went home before supper.  After supper the rest of the families, Martin Schemmer, Bob Nurnbergs came over.  "When it rains it pours" with company at this house.
Fri., March 24, 1933 - Snowed all day.  The snow was wet.  It melted on the porch and cement at school.  By constant sweeping I managed to get all the mud off.  I walked east to the highway and met Mom about 5:30.  Went to Rebekah meeting tonite.  I was on the lunch committee with Carrie Hansen and Minnie Andersen.  Howard Iversen took me home.

As you can see, I've added the day of the week to my entry.  I will endeavor to remember to continue doing so in the future.  It's helpful sometimes to picture what's going on.

Grandpa is still Howard Iversen here, but not for too much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment