Monday, May 23, 2016

Lots of church stuff


Fri., March 31, 1933 - This doesn't seem like Friday.  I guess it's because we're going to have school tomorrow.  I fixed my new jacket, slip, and dress after school.  I guess I'm ready for Sunday now.
Sat., April 1, 1933 - Raining hard this morning.  George, Delmar and Harry didn't come to school.  I had to stretch the classes so they would last until 2:30.  Dismissed school then. I went to Norfolk tonite with Walkers this evening.  I got a new tan hat for 69 cents.  Also bought some new earrings.
Sun., April 2, 1933 - Clear most all day.  To S.S. and church this a.m.  Home for a quick dinner.  We left for West Point at 12:30.  Dorothy went along with us.  We were the 1st of Hoskins to get to the church.  In church from 2:30 to 5:15.  Then supper, games.  Drove around a little.   Another session from 7:15 to 9:00.  Left W.P. at 9:30, home at 11:00.  Enjoyed the day immensely.

I am not sure of two things here -- why school had to meet on Saturday (too many missed days for weather?) and what the day-long church event was.  In both cases, however, Grandma was game for the day.

Today, here in 2016, is Dorothy Jo's 90th birthday.  What a milestone!  Her birthday celebration will be up in Winside this next Monday, Memorial Day.  The family figured people would be up for the alumni banquet and could more easily attend.  The photo is of her as a wee babe with, I am assuming, her mother Aunt Clara.  Fabulous cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment