Monday, March 18, 2013

Noodles!


"February 19, 2002:  Mary took me for my weekly shampoo and set.
February 20, 2002:  Helen's birthday is tomorrow but I called her today.  Mary came at noon for lunch.  I took my shower.  Went to Book Club this evening.  Brought back book "Rivers of the Heart" by George deBord.
February 21, 2002:  Worked on sorting cards, clippings, etc.  Made noodles for chicken soup.  Tom came in late afternoon.  We played Rummikub.  He took my laundry home with him.  He didn't come last night because he and Merilyn went to a special ball game.  Myrtle called after supper.  I forgot it was my turn to call -- I was so concerned about getting the noodles made!!!  I'll call her two Thursdays in a row now."

I love how I find out things Grandma did (or didn't do in this case) that remind me of me.  I can certainly see myself forgetting to do something because I was wrapped up in doing something else.  In fact, I most likely do that several times a week.

Speaking of Aunt Myrtle, here's a replay of our wonderful photo together from back in my less inhibited days.

1 comment: