Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Banana bread!


"February 28, 2002:  I baked banana bread today.  Tom came after work.  We had chili soup and then played Rummikub.
March 1, 2002:  Wrote seven thank you letters.
March 2, 2002:  Dale brought Dane, Mitch, Kyleah and Anna here about 6:00.  We had supper.  The kids watched TV and goofed around.  Dale came for Dane and Kyleah about 9:00 and Mary came about 11:00.

Gosh!  I haven't made banana bread in a while now.  And I must confess, I don't use Grandma's recipe, unless she uses Norma B.'s recipe.  I have nothing against other recipes, but I get rave reviews and am something locally known for my banana bread.  Well, known around work anyway; that's probably the extent of it.

Duane T. was the recipient of some of Grandma's banana bread.  I found out from someone in the family that he liked to take it for lunch with peanut butter on it.  I thought that sounded odd until I thought on it a bit.  As a kid, one of my favorite treats, usually at Christmas, was the little jellyroll-style candies Grandma would make.  Two of the ingredients were bananas and peanut butter.  So, I gave Duane's idea a try and of course, it was excellent.

Here's a photo of those same kids a few years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment