Friday, March 22, 2013

Back after my brief absence


"February 22, 2002:  Wrote some more thank you notes.
February 23, 2002:  Nancy came in p.m.  She took me shopping.  We ate at the Village Inn.  I bought a necklace with my birthday money -- also a new house coat.
February 24, 2002:  Tom brought my laundry in a.m.  I talked to Greta in a.m.  Nancy came in late afternoon.  We played Rummikub.  I watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics -- really spectacular."

I have been having to work at work lately and it is a real drag.  I am just kidding -- glad to have a job and work that is interesting when it shows up, preferably not all at once.  I actually sat through a meeting yesterday and didn't scream or claw my face.  As some know, I would rather take a beating than sit through meetings.  In my experience frequently a lot of nothing gets accomplished at most meetings.  Thankfully the one yesterday was productive with good attention and good questions and not a lot of talking just to talk.

But back to 2002 -- pretty normal stuff here for Grandma.  Does Nancy remember if they at at "the" Village Inn -- the one close to Mom and Nancy now? 

I wonder how many people use the term "house coat" anymore. . .

Since I am longing for Spring and hoping for a good garden this year, here's a photo for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment