Monday, March 25, 2013

More normal stuff here


"February 25, 2002:  Had prescriptions delivered from National Pharmacy.  Organized my birthday cards.  Played Seven-Up in party room in evening.
February 26, 2002:  Very cold and windy today.  Mary took me for my weekly shampoo, etc.
February 27, 2002:  Called Marjorie C. this morning for her birthday.  Mary here at noon and I took my shower.  Book Club tonight."

I was surprised when I learned (prior to today) that there were still pharmacies in Lincoln that made deliveries.  I figured that was something that had gone by the wayside over time.  I imagine there is a fee, but I do not know that for sure.  Regardless, it is a very nice service that I am sure many people appreciate.

I had forgotten that for awhile there I took Grandma to her hair appointment one day and then came to lunch the next.  I know eventually we got down to me picking her up from the beauty college and having lunch the same day.  Grandma didn't shower those days since we visited over lunch.  I think I still was there for a shower now and then, but I just don't recall how that worked.  I suppose I will find out in time as I go through the journal.

I am trying to figure out which photos I may not have used at all, or used only once.  I believe this is one of those.  Grandma Anna's husband is in the middle.  He is with, as I understand it, other members of a threshing crew.  It may be Uncle Chris, his brother, there on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment