Monday, August 6, 2018

Skipping around


Grandma took a little break, two of them really.  The last entry in my last post was August 30, and now we are to September 6.

Sun., September 6, 1936 - Howard went to Andrew Andersen's for a corn binder.  We had a very heavy rain late this afternoon.  Howard took me to town to church tonite -- Mission Festival.
.
.
.
Sun., September 13, 1936 - John B. Jensen here for dinner.  He brought a little calf from Von Seggerns.  Raymond and Allen here awhile this p.m.  Tonite we took Annie's hens back to her.  Mom went along.
Mon., September 14, 1936 - Raymond and Howard cut corn this a.m.  This p.m. Mom, Howard and I went to Washington in the V-8 to Trina and Andrew's silver wedding.  Stopped in Fremont so I could get some slippers.  We stopped at Adolph's.  Mom stayed there while Howard and I went to Mildred's.  We stayed all night at Mildred's.

Trying to keep this straight in my own mind, but Andrew Andersen was Grandpa Bill's first cousin, with Andrew's father being Niels Andersen, brother to Bill's father Ole C. Andreasen.  It appears Trina (or maybe Trena) died in 1952 and Andrew in 1975, with both of them buried in Washington County.  I have in my Ancestry family tree that they had at least one child, a son Raymond born in 1914.  I do not know who Adolph nor Mildred might be.  Unless Mildred was the Mildred once married to Uncle Chris but not married to him in 1936.

Perhaps Mom and I need to go on another cemetery trip to visit the graves of what I believe are quite a few Andersens in Washington County.

And here's a corn binder with me throwing a complete dart as to whether it resembles what Grandpa might have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment