Thursday, August 23, 2018

Busy again


Sat., November 14, 1936 - Howard baling again.  I was pretty tired.  Cleaned up the house for tomorrow.  Howard went to town tonite but I stayed home.
Sun., November 15, 1936 - Still warm.  Annie, Ola, kids, & Mom were here for dinner.  Tonite Alma, John B., Raymond & we went to Elmer & Myrtle's for supper.  We played Hearts afterward.
Mon., November 16, 1936 - Howard baling again.  I worked on quilt pieces.

Wow, guests for lunch and then off somewhere else for supper.  Such a flurry of activity.  Grandpa probably deserved a rest from all that baling lately.

For some reason this got me to wondering -- Ola and Dorothea apparently did not go visiting much that Grandma mentions, well,to see Grandma at least.  Was it perhaps difficult for them to get out and about at this time?  Or, maybe they just preferred to stay home and let people come visit them.  I get that.


No comments:

Post a Comment