Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mini-vacation for Grandma


Wed., July 17, 1935 - Canned 20 qts. of cherries and made some cherry jam.  I washed and waved my hair.  Helen, Irene, and Bess came for me to go to Norfolk to pick out the wedding present for Verna N. Ditman.  Too busy to go.  Went to Hoskins on train.  Talked to Mrs. Behmer and others until Hazel came.  Saw the free movies.
Thurs., July 18, 1935 - Talked most of the morning.  In the afternoon we took a nap and then looked at quilts and fancy work.
Fri., July 19, 1935 - I embroidered on my cutwork today.  This afternoon we looked through Hazel's patterns.

I don't know who Hazel is and do not know where she lived, so I am not sure how much of a getaway the vacation was, but Grandma looks to be enjoying a well-deserved break from picking and canning cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment