Friday, August 4, 2017

Free beer


Sat., June 29, 1935 - At last my flower garden quilt is finished.  Mom sewed the last half of the last side for me.  Mom and I went to the Dane dance at Pete C.'s. barn.  Free beer there!  H.I. didn't know anything for awhile.  Got home at 4:00 a.m.
Sun., June 30, 1935 - Slept late of course.  Howard came in about 3:00 and we went for a ride.  Drove around south, east, and west of town.
Mon., July 1, 1935 - Hot as the dickens today.  I worked awhile on my star quilt.  One of the colors doesn't suit me so I'm going to try to get some material that will look better.

My goodness.  I don't think Grandma has mentioned beer before.  How scandalous.  Also, did Grandma Anna stay out until 4:00 a.m., too?  Crazy times.

I am only guessing that the Pete C. mentioned is Pete Christensen.  And with that in mind, here's a photograph of Uncle Pete and Aunt Margaret (far left and far right) with Uncle Nels and Aunt Mary Iversen, taken at Vona, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment