Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Happy birthday little guy


Tues., July 23, 1935 - Ironed clothes.  Lena Nieman from Omaha and Midge Witte were here this afternoon to see Mom. 
Wed., July 24, 1935 - Embroidered on the sampler.  Lillie, Martha and baby, and Uncle Hans were here this p.m.  Today is Martha's baby's first birthday.  Mom and I went down town tonite.  Was to have been a free movie but the guy forgot part of the machine.
Thurs., July 25, 1935 - Mom went quilting this p.m. and I worked on my star quilt.  Tonite Bess, Irene, Dorathea, Helen, and I took the present to Verna at Stanton.

My limited, but sometimes successful, investigative skills have revealed the baby in question is Ronald Maas.  Grandma doesn't mention his name, but it is my understanding that back in the day, children were sometimes not named at birth but later instead.  But who knows what the case was here.

I hope the movie guy that forgot the part wasn't booed too loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment