Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back home


Sat., July 20, 1935 - This morning I traced patterns.  I drove Gilbert's car to Norfolk this p.m.  Hazel, Mrs. J. and Bud Maas, a kid from Pierce who is visiting here, went along, too.  Tonite Hazel and I went to Hoskins with Gilbert.  We stayed in the car.
Sun., July 21, 1935 - To S.S. and church this a.m.  After dinner we slept.  Mr. Behmer and Charlotte Faye came over about school business.  C.F. woke us up and talked to us.  Tonite Hazel and I went to League and church.  Gilbert brought us in.  After church they brought me to Winside.
Mon., July 22, 1935 - Rained good early this morning.  I spent most of the day embroidering the sampler I got in Norfolk Saturday.  Hot as blazes this afternoon.

I peeked ahead and it appears Grandma is done picking and canning for a while and can enjoy her needlework.

Just look at the cute kitty in the window of the sampler picture I found.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment