Monday, August 14, 2017

Eclipse, then and now


Sun., July 14, 1935 - Mom and I went to church.  This p.m. I straightened my cedar chest and the covered box.  Howard here this evening.  We went for a ride.
Mon., July 15, 1935 - We got up at 5:00 this morning to pick cherries.  We picked a little over a bushel.  This p.m. canned 12 pints of peas, beans and carrots.  Saw a total eclipse of the moon tonite.
Tues., July 16, 1935 - Up early again to pick cherries.  We sold 3 bushels of cherries this summer and have a bushel or more for our own use.  Got a card from Hazel J. asking me to come tomorrow and spend several days there.

Well, well.  Here we are in 2017 gearing up for a total solar eclipse and there was a total lunar eclipse back in 1935 for folks to enjoy.  Not that I thought Grandma was fabricating, I did look up lunar eclipses in 1935 and found this:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/1935-july-16

(Just copy and paste if it isn't clickable.)  Isn't technology wonderful sometimes?


No comments:

Post a Comment