Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sounds like 2013


June 20, 2002:  Talked to Myrtle -- she came home yesterday.  Tom here for supper -- he took care of the laundry, I showered and then we played Rummikub.
June 21, 2002:  Hot again today -- we've had plenty of hot, dry weather.
June 22, 2002:  I talked to Greta.  Arlene R. brought the other five chickens.  No kids tonight."

We've had plenty of hot, dry weather in the here and now, too.  I don't know if the farmers are getting anxious yet since I don't know how much hot, dry weather the crops need in between rains.  I do know we haven't had rain for quite a spell, but to the untrained eye, the corn and beans along my route to work look okay so far.

Love is in the air here at Whatmore Acres -- I saw the young drake attempting to have his way with one of the females.  Unfortunately, I noticed at the same moment I was pulling the hose away from filling their pool and all ducks scattered.  I didn't mean to interrupt his wooing.  I am guessing he and his potential mate went back to their business after I went in the house.

Here's a not-so-clear photo of Grandpa at a time when it was his business to be concerned with crops and rain and hot and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment