Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I know the feeling


June 26, 2002:  Felt better today.  Went to Book Club in evening and then to Dolores' and played Cribbage.
June 27, 2002:  Myrtle called in a.m.  Baked a loaf of bread and a pan of sticky rolls.  Ray and Aileen here in p.m.  They came to eastern Nebraska for Jerilyn's wedding.  Tom here for supper -- chipped beef on toast.  He took care of the laundry and washed dishes while I showered.  We each won a game of Rummikub.
June 28, 2002:  Just a routine day.  Tried to sort through a box of "stuff."

Grandma was much better at getting her boxes of "stuff" sorted out than I am, I am pretty sure.  I find it daunting unless I can have every box possible in front of me and room to make piles of this and that and everything.  Otherwise, I end up with a befuddled brain and boxes of "rearranged stuff".  But, I persevere.

And speaking of persevering, I am happy to report that even given our late garden start this year, I spy amongst lots of blossoms, one zucchini almost ready to pick and three or four precocious cucumbers.  As Grandma might say, "Happy day!"

Couldn't resist posting a photo of the kind of garden I aspire to having.  Well, maybe not quite as big but at least as well-tended and organized.  I also aspire to have the intestinal fortitude to thin as needed for proper radish and carrot growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment