Friday, July 26, 2013

4th of July rolled around again


July 2, 2002:  Dolores came in evening -- played Rummikub.
July 3, 2002:  Mary took me to hair dresser.  Nancy came in evening and I showered.
July 4, 2002:  Nancy and I went to Winside.  Then to Ramon's place for the family picnic.  It was a wonderful day.  There were at least 48 people there.  Norris and Vicki were there.  Also Vicki's parents and her sister and husband.  They had been to Colorado for Dawn's wedding.  Mary, Mitch and Anna were there -- so was Bill.  Stayed at Greta's for the night.

That was a pretty good crowd for the 4th of July.  I still remember very distinctly the picnics out at Uncle Elmer's; mainly the new potatoes, Aunt Myrtle's raspberries, and Dora often bringing a new card game to play.  Due to being a bit of an island, age-wise, I usually hung out with the adults.  I am glad I did since that group has left and is leaving us while the ones younger than I are around to visit with now.

This photo isn't from Uncle Elmer's place, but I am betting it was from some 4th of July.  It never fails to crack me up.

1 comment:

  1. Does anybody know where this was taken. I can't place it.

    ReplyDelete