Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pretty sure . . .


June 23, 2002:  Nancy and I went to Mary's church at 10:30 this morning.  After church to Mary's for lunch - a dinner as I call it.  A very good meal and a lot of good laughs.  Nancy took me grocery shopping before coming home.
June 24, 2002:  Bill took me to the dentist -- a 10:00 appointment.  Was there two hours -- had trouble pulling one tooth -- pulled three or four -- I'm not sure which.  My jaw was pretty sore.  Didn't play cards in evening.  Nancy came and made me a malted milk.
June 25, 2002:  Changed my hair appointment to Wednesday at 1:00.  My jaw still sore and I felt rather groggy.  Nancy made me a malted milk in evening.

I am pretty sure this particular lunch/dinner was the one where I had to leave in the middle to go get sour cream for the dessert I was making.  I had purchased sour cream with chives -- not recommended for a peach dessert, I thought.  I left Nancy with simple instructions on what to do with the oven while I was gone.  Well, she veered slightly from my instructions and instead of turning the oven down, she turned it off -- as I remember it.  Or perhaps I just had her take the dessert out of the oven and she thought she was supposed to turn the oven off.  In any event, I didn't notice when I got back and I added the sour cream and whatever else was needed, put the dessert back in the oven, set the timer, and then was shocked when the dessert was cold.  A lot of good laughs is right.  There would have been less of them had I only purchased the right sour cream.  I have never made Peach Kuchen again.

Here is a photo from that very day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment