Sunday, July 14, 2013

Never too old to ask Mom


"June 14, 2002:  As usual I played lazy today.  Did fold the laundry and put it away.  Talked to Nancy in evening.
June 15, 2002:  My neighbor, Bernice, called to borrow two round cake pans.  She was baking a special cake for her husband.  Greta called in p.m.  Arlene R. had brought five chickens and Greta wanted to know how to package them.  I told her about our plans for tomorrow so there won't be a Sunday morning call.
June 16, 2002:  Nancy came a little early -- we left here about 7:45.  Went to Dale and Lynn's church.  Dane was an acolyte.  Lynn was at some convention in San Antonio.  After church we went to IHOP --  a special pancake house.  Dale treated us to our meal.  Then Nancy and I did my grocery shopping -- took it to the apartment and took a nap.  Went to Tom and Merilyn's about 2:00.  The kitten is really special.  He walks around the place as if he owns it.  Jeff M. came while we were there.  I was back here about 5:00.  Nancy went right home to rest.

As an over 50-type person, I am glad to see that in 2002 my mom was still asking her mom things she didn't know.  It is supposed to work that way, of course, but I am still glad to read this.

And did Tom and Merilyn ever have a cat that didn't think it owned the place?  They have/had a knack for some real characters, even for cats.  I was telling someone about that rough-and-tumble Keena (sorry, if I am spelling that wrong) just the other day.

Here's Mom learning something about gardening from Grandma, no doubt -- something I am learning now.  Looks like a healthy bunch of something they are picking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment