Friday, April 5, 2013

Restaurants, schmestaurants


"March 19, 2002:  8:45 appointment this a.m. at Bryan Hospital to have circulation in feet tested.  Nancy took me.  At noon Mary took me for my weekly shampoo and set.  In the evening to Delores's apartment and played Rummikub.
March 20, 2002:  Mary came at noon for lunch.  Tom came in evening -- we ate -- he did the laundry -- I took a shower and then we played Rummikub.
March 21, 2002:  Loafed around all day.  Called Myrtle in the morning.  Tom came at 7:00 and we went to Grasanto's, an Italian restaurant -- good eating!!!"

I just have to poke a bit of fun since the restaurant was actually Grisanti's.  But, Grandma was close.  Much closer than Aunt Irene when she was trying to think of Tony & Luigi's and instead asked if we could go back to that one place . . . Anton & Frank's.  I still giggle about that one, but only because Aunt Irene did once we figured out where she was talking about.

I am going to work on a little something from the Winside history book to see if it is as interesting as I think it might be.  If it is a "go", I'll include it in a later post.

Speaking of Aunt Irene, here's a very lovely photo of her with some greatgrands.  I think we all look very cute in our 80's attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment