Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All kinds of things work out in the end


"April 12, 2002:  Another queer day - I slept until 8:00.  Had a drink of fruit juice -- then watched three episodes of "M*A*S*H" and then "The Easter Parade" with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire.  So I had breakfast at 11:00 a.m.  Had a prescription delivered in the afternoon.
April 13, 2002:  Mitch was sick so he and Anna didn't come tonight.  I reorganized my cassettes.  Mary came after work and adjusted the air conditioner fans.
April 14, 2002:  Nancy brought chicken dinner from Popeye's.  After dinner we went to Dale's new house.  Saw the first floor.  Railings weren't there for upstairs or basement.  Really will be nice.  We had root beer floats on the way home.  I took a shower and then we played Rummikub."

Ah, the good old days when Dale and Lynn's house was being built.  Crazy and aggravating for me looking in so I can't begin to imagine how dreadful it was there for them right in the thick of it all when things went completely south for a bit.  But, in the end the house got built, they moved in and the dust, literally and figuratively, settled.

This bit of journal reminds me again about how much Grandma enjoyed her cable and the ability to watch lots of movies and different shows.  I remember her making a passing remark after Grandpa died about not watching a particular show because Grandpa wanted to watch something else.  I believe it was the first and only time I ever heard her say anything even remotely indicating a disagreement with Grandpa.  I am sure they had their differences of opinion over all those years of married life but they kept them well under wraps at least from the grandkids, even when those grandkids were grown and would understand that people could agree to disagree.

Here's a photo of them being overly agreeable.  Big smile from Grandma; something we didn't see all that much in staged photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment