Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Matter settled?


Since this is of such a burning importance, I will not even use anything new from Grandma's journal today.  I truly want to get to the bottom of the Valentine's Day Mystery.

Above you see a copy of what Grandma wrote.  Nancy says she is the one that took Chinese food to Grandma on Valentine's Day -- that it was their 'thing'.  She recently wondered aloud if I had mistyped and should have put her name instead of mine.  I acknowledge that that certainly is a possibility, but as it turns out, not on this occasion.  I do not remember taking Chinese food to Grandma on Valentine's Day in 2002 so I am not prepared to argue that my memory is better than Nancy's. 

Grandma called me Nancy sometimes, I do not know if she ever called Nancy by my name.

Grandma wrote just my name and then later added Mitch and Anna.  I do not know if that means she meant to put Nancy but some time later when she saw just my name, she assumed I would have brought the kids and she added their names.  I simply do not know.

So, I do not know that I have helped with the mystery, or just made it more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment