Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas 1932


December 25, 1932 - The entire family went to church this morning.  Aunt Emma and family were here for dinner today.  We had 3 ducks for dinner and they were good!  This evening Mom, Ray and I played cards.
December 26, 1932 - I played lazy today.  Mom sewed a little on one of my dresses.  We went to Wayne this p.m.  Aunt Midge has been in bed a week with flu.  Were at Riese's too!  Tonite Ray and I went up to Brogren's and got Edna R.  Then to Hall's for Mayme's birthday.  We danced a while and played Rook.  We had a good time.  Annabelle Brogren's birthday.  Mayme Hall's birthday.
December 27, 1932 - Edna and I slept quite late this morning.  I washed my hair and she finger-waved it for me.  This evening we took Edna to Hoffman's for Gus' birthday party.  Ray and I went on to Lydia W. birthday party.  We played Bunco and had a good time.  Stopped and got Edna on our way home.  Lydia Wittler's birthday.

I hope I have the right Emma here.  Regardless, she seems rather sassy in this photo.  I know there isn't much to go on, but does anyone know where this photo was taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment