Saturday, January 16, 2016

Normal goings on


January 6, 1933 - Mrs. Jochens took us to school in the car this morning.  Harry and Minnie were sick and missed school.  We had quite a windy dust storm about 4:30.  Ray came after me about 3:30.  Mom had 2 teeth pulled today and was cross this evening.  Edwin B. and Wendell W. were here for supper.  (I left my beads at Jochens this morning.)
January 7, 1933 - Mom cleaned the duck for tomorrow this morning.  We were going to Hoskins to get my check and then to Norfolk to cash it, but Strate is in Omaha, so we didn't go to Norfolk.  Henry Kahlers from Osmond and Annie and Ola and kids were in the p.m.  H. Kahlers were here for supper.  Neva Hansen came up this evening to do some R.N.A. work with Mom.  Ray and I went down to the library and got some books.
January 8, 1933 - To S.S. and church this morning.  The duck surely tasted good at dinner.  Read and played lazy this p.m.  Washed my hair.  Mom, Ray and I played Pinochle.  As usual I was low man.  Mom and Ray brought me back to Walkers about 9:30 tonite.

Don't know that I have much to add.  I don't know the rules of Pinochle, but based on Grandma's comment, being low score must be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment