Monday, January 11, 2016

An optimist!


January 3, 1933 - This is Annie Brogren's birthday.  I got to school a little bit later than usual this morning.  I didn't feel so tired today either.  The quarterly examination questions came.  I went to bed rather early this evening.  Lawrence has hardly been able to talk in school, he's so hoarse.
January 4, 1933 - It's been so warm this week that spring seems to be coming.  Walkers butchered yesterday and tonite they fixed their sausage.  They had 150 pounds of it.  I and Mike tied the sausages.  Evie got up today, she's been in bed since Sunday morning.
January 5, 1933 - Mrs. Jochens called up this morning and asked me to come over to their place with Laurence tonite.  We surely had a good supper.  Laurence and I played a game that he got for Xmas.  He won.  When Dorothy and I played, I won.  Mrs. Jochens, Dorothy and I talked until 10:00 on a great variety of subjects.

Small point -- I don't know if it is the same boy or not, but I see two distinct spellings of Laurence/Lawrence in Grandma's journal.

I can certainly get tired of winter, but I don't know that I've ever thought of spring during a warm day in January.  Clearly I need to be more optimistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment