Saturday, January 2, 2016

Lots of card playing going on


December 28, 1932 - Edna and I slept until 11 o'clock!  We got up and got dinner right away.  This p.m. Mom, Ray, Edna and I went out to Mary Kahler.  They (Mom and Aunt Mary) showed us how they danced when they were young.  This evening we went out to Ola's and played Michigan.  Mom and Edna seemed to win all the time.
December 29, 1932 - Edna isn't feeling so good this a.m.  We went down town, called Claus and told him to come after her.  We stopped at Schellenberg's and told Florence Edna wouldn't be able to spend the rest of the week there.  Florence came up this evening.  We played Pinochle with a double deck, lots of fun.  Made some fudge, too.
December 30, 1932 - Mom's been sewing every day this week on my school clothes.  She just has a little bit to finish tomorrow.  She's fixed 4 dresses and 1 jumper.  Mom, Ray and I went down to Schellenberg's tonite.  We played pinochle, the kids against the older folks.  The oldest won 3 games and we won 2.

I am sorry to say I don't know my Kahlers, but this photo is from a Kahler reunion in 1964.  I have no idea why I like this photo so very much, but I do.  I especially like the ladies' dresses.

But as for Grandma's post, I would have liked to have seen the dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment