Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tom's nickname?


December 16, 1963

Dear Daddy,

Well, I've done it again.  Fooled around until your birthday card will be late.  I'm sorry.  Maybe some year I'll be on time.  Hope you had a happy day.

Grandma is right about that east window in the dining room.  We aren't using the dining room as a dining room yet.  It's kind of a mess (paint peeling, bare plaster where some was repaired) so we eat in the living room.  Right now I have my ironing board and my sewing machine in there.  It is the loveliest room to sew in.  You'll never believe the color we're going to paint it -- yellow.  Somehow it just seems the only suitable color.

In our bedroom there are three doors.  One to the bathroom, one to the hall, and one to the living room.  Why they put in that one to the living room I'll never understand.  Anyway it is there but we don't use it and someday will close it up completely.


Daddy I agree with you -- these kids are both pretty smart.  There are some supermarkets in town called Stop 'n Shop.  The day I mailed your package (Dec. 7) we stopped in there to get some groceries.  That was the first time Mary had been there.  Today when we mailed a package to the Bowders we went past it and Mary says, "Stop 'n Shop."  Now I think she was pretty smart to recognize it.

How's the weather?  According to the TV you must be getting quite a bit of snow.  Hope the weather was okay so that the family could get together at Nancy's yesterday.  Thought about all of you all day yesterday.

Yes, Mama, I would very much like to have some oval soup spoons from Betty Crocker.

I like Tom's nickname.  I never knew that Krohn said that about Tom.  But you know -- when you stop to think about it . . . .

No, I never took physics in high school.  I don't think I would ever get through a physics course.  Well Mom, I suppose there are new things since you took it.  That was a long time ago.  Ha!  Ha!  Just teasing.

Doesn't the furnace heat the upstairs?  

Dale is excited about Christmas.  He's trying to be a good boy for Santa Claus.  Mary gets awfully excited when she sees a picture of Santa Claus.

Well, it's time to fix supper.

Love,

Gary, Greta, Dale and Mary

No comment needed re Mom's comment about me being smart.  But more importantly, does anyone know what Tom's nickname was in 1963?  Inquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what his nickname would have been. Maybe we'll have to ask Tom?

    ReplyDelete